Monday, September 5, 2011

Sunday Sit Down!

Okay. Okay. I know it is Monday but I'm calling it Sunday because it was a holiday.

We kicked off the holiday weekend with a night out at the pool with some friends on Friday night.  We ordered pizza, ate and swam until the kiddos were done. By done,  I mean so fussy that it was obviously bed time:)  Layla had so much fun being at the pool with daddy since that is a rare occasion.  We are thankful for our new friends.  It is so fun to hang out with other little girls so close to Layla's age, of course we enjoyed the adult company too!

Saturday, I got up and taught my spin class.  Surprisingly, I had 7 on the holiday weekend.  One of my Stroller Stride moms was able to come, so it was fun having someone I knew in class.  Then, it was time for some FOOTBALL!  Alabama kicked off their season against Kent State and thankfully won by quite a few points.  The most exciting game of the day was definitely Auburn almost losing.  After nap time, we headed to a cabin at the lake with some friends.

We spent the rest of the weekend on the lake.  Water. Friends. Food. Cards. No Make Up. No Hair Dryer.  Doesn't get much better for a holiday than that.  Layla also had some sweet little girls to play with and you can't forget Lucy, the golden retriever puppy.  The rain from the hurricane moved in today so we headed home this morning.  We all took a long nap and then headed out for dinner not realizing that the tornado sirens were going off and we were under a warning.  Anyway, we survived:)

Biggest news of the weekend: I finally took Layla's bumpers out of her crib.  I know there is a lot of controversy of whether you should have bumpers or not....yadayadayada.  Well, we have from day 1.  Friday, I decided when I was washing her sheets, that I had taken them on and off for the last time.  Plus Layla needs the most room in her crib possible.  When we put her to bed Friday night, she immediately noticed something was different and asked what happened.  It was kind of sad:(  This growing up thing is so bittersweet.  I love every new stage, but is sure sad to see the baby become nothing but a distant memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment