Layla finally had her first ballet class today at the Decatur School of Ballet and just as I expected, she LOVED it! Although it is a mommy and me class, I don't think she could have cared less that I was there! At one point when the whole class (8- two year olds) were tip toeing across the studio, Layla was right behind the teacher following every step! For a moment, I kind of sat back and just observed. I am so proud of my (almost) independent, beautiful, talented daughter. Of course, at this point it is too early to tell if ballet will be here thing, but for now she is giving it her best shot while looking mighty cute in her leotard and tights:)
Here are a couple of pics before we left. Unfortunately, since I am a participant in class it makes it hard for me to take pics. I will try to do better in the next few weeks.
 |
| Of course, Monkey can't miss a dance class. |
BTW: Thanks for all of your prayers for my uncle. His back surgery went well. They removed 6 bone spurs but none of the vertebras seemed to be compressed which is good news. He returned to the room with his pain under control. When he had his first back surgery this time last year, pain control on the first day was a huge issue. Thankfully, this time things seemed to go more smoothly. If all goes well, he will just stay the night and then go home tomorrow. He will have a long recovery after that, but at least he can be at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment