Saturday, August 6, 2011

Bad Blogger

Going into July, I knew the calendar looked pretty full. Then I looked up and it was August! What happened??

Let me catch you up.

I was home for a couple of days after our Baton Rouge trip and then off to Tennessee Layla and I went again. Since spring we had been planning our first annual Wrather cousins weekend retreat, girls only. One of my cousins and her husband own a cabin in the mountains of Gatlinburg. So, I left Layla in Murfreesboro and Natalie, Robin and I went to Gatlinburg. It was so weird returning there after so many years. It has probaly been about six. Growing up, I was there every winter for one youth retreat or another. Talking about flashing back to the high school days! Natalie and I remininsced of many good, laugh out loud moments. Not much has changed in that little town. It is still people watching capital of the world. We had a blast with all the cousins: shopping, laughing, and eating! I am already looking forward to getting together the same weekend next year!

On Sunday of that weekend, we drove back through Murfreesboro to pick up Layla and Grammy. Grammy came back to spend the week and help me with all day childcare while I got a couple of fitness certifications. Grammy got to see Layla in her last music class of the summer. One day while I was away, Grammy and Natalie attempted taking Layla to her first movie "Winnie the Pooh". They later informed me that she is not ready to sit through a movie in the theater:). At the end of the week, I had earned a Personal Training Certification and Schwinn Indoor Cycling Certification. Grammy returned homed on Friday which meant Lucas and I were in store for a weekend at home with no plans. It was glorious.

And that brings us quickly into August!

August is the calm before the storm that will blow us right into the holidays.
With my new certifications, I am teaching 2 weekly spin classes at Druid Hills Golf Club, Tuesday's at 8:30am and Saturdays at 9:00am. I will also start subbing a few bootcamp classes at the same place. I am hoping to also get my Stroller Stride certification so I can start subbing some of those classes as well. Aunt Natalie is generously watching Layla for me every Tuesday morning and of course Lucas is home on Saturdays.

Other than that, in August we have NO scheduled, weekly obligations! We plan to spend as many days possible at the pool before it closes at the end of the month. I really think if I had another 6 months of summer, I would have Layla swimming. She has progressed so much in just a couple of months. I think I am going to try to get her in some lessons throughout the winter so that it is not liking starting all over next summer.

My vow for August is to be a better blogger. Layla is doing too many noteworthy things these days for me to slack on documenting them. We are looking forward to Monday when Aunt Natalie finds out the sex of the baby in her belly:). Can't believe she is already half way through her pregnancy. I am still thinking/hoping girl:)

So cheers to August, the month in the calendar we are using to catch our breath, enjoy the simple things, and mentally prepare for the next 4 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment