Sunday, August 7, 2011

89

My only living grandparent, granddad, turned 89 today! Talking about someone who has lived to see a lot. I am so thankful that Layla has got to spend some time with him throughout the last 2 years of her life. Those are definitely pictures we will cherish forever!




Happy Birthday Granddad. Looking forward to celebrating the big 9-0 with you next year. We love you!


In other news, I don't think I have mentioned on the blog anything about our recent church change. I had talked in the past about us attending Buckhead Church. We were going Sunday after Sunday and although it is great church that is doing great things for the kingdom, there just was not a stirring and excitement inside us that should be there.

So, we started visiting a couple other churches her and there. We were having NO luck and we had decided at that point we would just go back to Buckhead. Then one Sunday when I was out of town, Lucas visited in person a church that we had watched a couple of times live via the Internet, even while we were still in Memphis in preparation of moving to Atlanta. He gave a good report and said I would have to check it out for myself. The next Sunday, Lucas had obligations so Layla and I went to visit by ourselves. I have to admit that I was not crazy about it. On one of our "date nights" we got to have serious uninterupted converersation about each church and how it would be for the future of our family. They are both great choices for the spiritual growth of our family, just different. The more we talked the more our conversation just lead us back to Grace-Midtown and there was an excitement in each of us that we didn't realize was there. A couple of Sundays we went back as a family and I could have just cried. It felt like home and that was a a feeling in a church that I hadn't really felt since Memphis a year ago. Evidently, Layla felt at paece there too. This Sunday was the first Sunday in her life that she has not cried when left in the nursery:):). So, to make a LONG story short... We have changed churches and are super excited about how God is going to use us in this church to be a blessing to others.

That was our Sunday morning and after a much needed nap, we spent the evening at a sweet neighbors first birthday party.

And like that, another weekend has come and gone. Now it's time to relax, watch the Red Sox vs. Yankees and look forward to a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment