Her 2 year appt is coming up this week so I will have exact stats then!
She is officially potty trained! Panties all the time except when sleeping. She still has an occasional accident every 3 days or so.
When pottying, she wants the door shut and it completely dark. If we can't make it dark enough, she covers her eyes with her hands.
She still loves music, books, and dancing. When she reads her toddler Bible she goes straight to the page with baby Jesus and yells "baby Jesus"!
Layla's favorite movie of the month is Milo & Otis. She loves it but can't watch at the part when the cat is getting pinched by the crab.
She has scrapped her knees a few times and cried so much to the point that I have to put long pants on her so she can't see the "boo boos". D.R.A.M.A.
When she is in the stroller and a car stops so we can cross, she does the polite wave to say "thank you".
She knows walking directions to her friend Kyson's house. At what age do we let her go herself??:)
Layla loves the water and has no fear. After watching boys jump off the diving board, she tried to climb up the ladder herself.
She hates when the stick starts to come out of the other end of the popsicle. I usually have to adjust it for her.
We have noticed how differently she acts with older kids vs. younger kids. She is more whiney when the younger kids are around. Hopefully she get this out of her system before we have another.
Her vocabulary is growing by the day and I am still impressed by the words she is putting together.
Layla still uses her sign language when she speaks that I began teaching her at 6 months old. I will definitely teach our next child more than I did with Layla.
She stands on a stool in front of her sink to brush her teeth and wash her hands independently. She even spits when brushing. I always get a glimpse of an older kid when I see her admiring herself in the mirror.
She wanted Thomas the Train underwear that I didn't buy because it was made for boys but after Facebook comments, I think I will next time.
Layla is now initiating hugs and kisses, followed by the words "Wuv you". And when Lucas and I are both around, she is always fair to share here love:)
We are looking forward to having a 2 year old around the house. With each year comes more joy and even more love!
No comments:
Post a Comment