Monday, October 4, 2010

16 Months... WOW!

On Oct. 1st Layla reached the 16 month milestone. With all the running, climbing, kicking, and jumping she as been doing I am glad that I have kept her alive to see this month! Boy is she busy. As with every month, I am really enjoying this age. They are all bittersweet because my baby is growing up but it is so fun to see her personality develop. Each day we are noticing traits and realizing how obvious it is which parent that trait came from. I guess that is the sense of humor that God has...to show us our best and Worst attributes in our children!

Some things Layla Loves this month: Her stuffed Minnie Mouse & Monkey, music & music class, being outside, helping me clean and do laundry, walking anywhere independently, tickling, jumping, kicking, playing "boo" on our phones, playing with other children, her sippy cup

Some things Layla doesn't love: most healthy food (she has become very picky), the vacuum cleaner, big dogs, the nursery at bible study, for me to leave the room even if it is to go to the bathroom, being constrained to a carseat, high chair, stroller, or shopping cart

Sleeping habits: Sleeps at night for 13-13 1/2 hours; Naps 1 1/2-2 hours during the day usually early afternoon

Things she can sign: all done, more, drink, eat (she sticks one finger in her mouth), please, music, down

Words she can speak: eat, drink, hungry, blueberry, banana, bagel, goat, ostrich, baboon, chicken, donkey, kitty, snap, kick, up, down, momma, daddy, papa, grammy (which is mammy), Reese, Gavin, Chris, Natalie, go, music, stop, shoe, bath, night night, minnie, monkey, book, bye bye ....She will try to repeat almost anything we tell her too. It is still baby language that usually only Lucas or I can interpret!

Body movements: Layla can run but her legs move faster when she is actually running in place:), she can kick, jump (only her feet don't leave the ground), she twirls, walks backwards and can almost pull herself onto the couch. She loves to climb all over Lucas and I as we all tickle each other. She does motions with a few of her songs. She puts her finger in the air, can point to her ears, hair, knee, & belly. She claps her hands and says "snap" when she sees or sings about a crocodile.

Teeth: This past month has been a month for TEETH. Layla was a late bloomer in this area but has caught up quickly. She now has 4 on the top in the front, 4 on the bottom in the front, and then 4 molars (2 on top & 2 on bottom). There was about a week and a half of this month that I thought Lucas and I might lose our mind because of all the fussiness! But THANK GOD we have a our sweet little girl back!

We have not been for her 15 month check up yet so I am not sure what her official stats are. I am already buying 18-24 months clothes for the fall and winter but I assume that she is still average like she has been since birth.

Whoooo! Just typing all her actions makes me tired! No wonder I am exhausted at the end of the day!!

I love this little girl so much. Even though some days are a lot of "work", each day ends with the sweetest gift. Layla is now saying "amen" with me at the end of our bedtime prayers, says night night, and I hear her blowing me kisses as I walk out the door. Those 3 things remind me what a joy Layla is in our lives!
LK

1 comment:

  1. Sweet, baby girl! She is definitely on the move! It is so fun to see her after I haven't in a while and see all the huge changes! Love you all and can't wait to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete