I know the title doesn't seem to make sense, but it is the truth. Now that Layla is without paci she is 100% less whiny!! I can officially say that the paci is no longer a thought around our house. We are back to full 2-2.5 hour naps with no crying and 13 hours at night with no crying. I don't know if it was just coincidence that with Layla's paci gone she became less whiny. Maybe her getting older (almost 15 months) has more too do with it but she seems like such a big girl. Layla was always the kind of baby that wore her emotions on her sleeve when it came to being tired. As soon as she would start fussing, I would say now she's tired and put her too bed. Throughout this whole transition she has gone to one nap during the day which happens about 12:30. Most days she doesn't even act tired then but she goes down anyway, sometime after lunch. Honestly, if I would have known the transition was going to be this easy with such great results I would have done it a couple of months ago.
I say all the time that our first children are our test dummies and I believe that without a doubt. If only they knew how clueless we were!! Now maybe to potty training??!! Just kidding... we will wait a bit for that one:)
the same thing happened with Caleb when I weaned him down to nursing only once a day...he turned into a completely different child and became much more independent...he would whine constantly to be nursed but since weaning him I have seen such a difference in him...he does however like to carry around and chew on his blanket and now uses that as his comfort object even more so now! but atleast its not me!
ReplyDelete