Birth Story
I was scheduled for induction at 8am on April 22, 2013, which was also your due date. Your daddy and I arrived at the hospital a little before 8 to get to get checked in. Our nurse for the day was Deborah, who was very sweet with a laid back personality. The pitocin drip began about 9am, and induction was officially underway. Contractions picked up but were very mild until about 1pm when Dr. Cox decided to break my water. At the time she broke my water, I had gone from 2cm of dilation to about 4cm. Shortly after my water broke, I received an epidural. Although, he had to stick me twice, the pain subsided pretty quickly, which was a relief. As time passed, I progressed from 4 to 7cm and then the pain began. I had intense back pain during my contractions and it seemed as if the epidural had totally worn off. I asked for a bolus of pain medicine through my epidural but the pain was still very intense. Not long after all of the pain, the doctor came back and I was completely dilated and ready to begin pushing. It was about 8:30 pm when I began my practice pushes. Your heart rate remained so strong throughout the entire process. At 8:58pm, I held you in my arms for the first time and you were just perfect! You came out screaming and the doctor immediately stated that she thought you were over 8lbs. We later found out that she was right! You weighed in at 8lbs 2oz and 20 1/4 inches long. You also had a head full of black hair just like your big sister!
We had not decided your name, but had narrowed it down to two: Wyatt and Silas. We knew the middle name would be Paul because it is a family name. You are the forth generation Kairdolf male to inherit that name. I decided that your daddy would decide your name once we saw you. He got so excited when you were here that he went to announce to the family that you were here and forgot to name you! Of course, that was everyones first question, "What is his name??". Your daddy then came back and looked at you and decided that your name would be Silas, which means "companion". We are so thankful that Layla has you as a forever companion.
1 Month
We took you back to the doctor a day after you left the hospital to recheck your jaundice levels and they were decreasing so you did't have to go back until your 1 month check up.
* Beginning to love your paci (Yay!)
* Rolled from belly to back during nap time...might have just been coincidence but as active as you are, who knows!
* SMILING! Definitely one of my favorite milestones ever! You smiled at me severeal times starting in the third week when I would talk sweet to you.
* On a predictable eating and sleeping schedule.
Weight: 9lbs 12.5ounces- 49th percentile
Length: 22 inches- 81st percentile
Head: 14 5/8 inches- 62nd percentile
No comments:
Post a Comment