Month 2
Here's what you are doing this month.
Eating: I have bumped up your schedule getting you closer to that 7pm-7am sleep schedule. During the day you eat every three hours (6:30am, 9:30am, 12:30pm, 3:30pm, 6:30pm, and 9:30pm). After the 9:30pm feeding, I let you sleep until you wake up. You have become a very efficient eater. You nurse no more than about 15 minutes and you pull off on each side when you are finished. You are very easy to burp, usually you let one out without even a pat. You have began spitting up some, perhaps because you eat so fast! Your pooping schedule has slowed down (thank goodness!). You are pooping usually once a day or every other day.
Sleeping: After recovering from a terrible cold that lasted about 3 weeks, I finally decided to move you into your room at night, which means you are upstairs. You had been napping just fine in there during the day but I wasn't quite ready for the transition at night. At 8 weeks, you finally dropped your middle of the night feedings, which means your are sleeping immediately after your 9:30pm feeding until about 5:30/6:30am. YAY!!!! You sometimes cry out about 3:30am but all you want is your paci and you are right back asleep. You are also still napping after every feeding during the day. From the time you start eating and then go back to bed, you are usually awake about an hour. All you have to do is let out one little cry and that signals to me that you are ready. I give you your paci and down you go until the next feeding time! You also still prefer your belly.
Wake Time activities: You love your play mat!! If you are awake, your arms and legs are constantly moving! You were a mover in my belly so it is no surprise to me. I am also getting tons of smiles and even a "coo" here and there! You like to be held over the shoulder, perhaps so you can see everything. Whoever is holding you has to hold tight because you try to buck out of our arms! Layla is giving you plenty of hugs and kisses and I love how you already respond to her voice.
Milestones this month:
* Sleeping through the night!
*Starting to "talk".
Statistics from the dr:
Weight: 12lbs 4oz 69th%
Length: 23 3/4 84th%
Head: 15 1/2 inches 31st %
You are wearing a couple size 3 clothes but are mainly in 3-6mths. I still have you squeezing into size 1 diapers because I have a ton!!
No comments:
Post a Comment