Last night was a notable night in the Kairdolf household. Layla has been night time potty trained for about a year now and up until this point whenever she needed to go potty in the middle of the night, she insisted on getting one of us to go with her even though she was perfectly capable of doing it herself.
Well, this morning about 4:45am, I heard her little feet hit the floor (her bedroom is right above mine) and I thought, "oh no here she comes to tell me to take her potty". So, I kept listening for her feet to come down the stairs and I never heard any. As I listened, I noticed that I heard some movement but then I heard the step stool to her bed scratch the floor which meant she was crawling back in bed. All was quiet so I went back to sleep and was awoken at about 5 after 7:00.
She then volunteered the info that she had gone potty "all by myself" and then had crawled back in bed and went back to sleep. We made such a big deal about it all day with everyone we saw that hopefully it will be a trend that will continue. I sure hate for her to grow up sometimes but then we have moments of independence like this that are so nice!!
No comments:
Post a Comment