Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Week 16 Appointment

So, I am actually 17 weeks but had to reschedule my 16 week appointment so it was a little late.  Baby sounded great today with a heart rate of 151.  I scheduled the "BIG" ultrasound appointment today.  November 26th @ 9:30am, we will know whether we will add a son or daughter to our family. It will fall of the first day of my 19th week.  I had to sweet talk them for an appointment that day because they claimed they were booked.  Lucas will be in town still for Thanksgiving and not sure when he will return after that so it pretty much had to be that day.

I can name advantages of either sex.  I would love for Layla to have a sister and I would also love a son so honestly, healthy makes me happy.

I wanted to take this spot to record a few things that Layla has said during this pregnancy so far....

1.  She went with me to my 8 week appt and the doctor did a physical exam at that time.  Layla watched it all and then as we were leaving asked if the baby could talk now??  Maybe she thought the doctor flipped a switch while she was in there?!

2.  The first time Layla saw me throw up because of the baby, she went running out the front door.  No Joke.  I was bent over the toilet, heard the front door slam and had to go after her.  I asked if it scared her when I did that and she just said, "No, its gross, I don't want to see that!".

3.  Unfortunately, periodically throughout the day Layla would ask, "Are you not feeling good"or "are you feeling sick"?  Sweet girl.  Now, if I am being what she thinks is quiet, she will still ask the same question.

4.  Layla quickly picked up on the fact that I would suck on candy to help calm my stomach.  Of course, she started having "stomach problems" too.

5.  After watching several people we know breast feed their children, she told me the other day when she had on footed pjs that she needed a different shirt on so monkey could eat from her boob.  She then preceded to try and feed him that way.

6.  Lastly, today I took off my shirt in front of her and the response I got was, "Whoa, the baby is getting big!".

Any gender predictions?  I say girl, Lucas says boy.  I was wrong in this area with Layla.  I thought for sure she was a boy.  Layla mostly says she thinks its a girl.

We will know soon enough!

Belly shot at 16 weeks and a few days...

I am mostly in all maternity clothes and have had to buy new bras.  I started this pregnancy at 130 and to this date have gained about 4 pounds....trying not to stress but remember that with a little hard work, my body will come back:)  It's all worth it right?

No comments:

Post a Comment