Our family had a great year in 2012. It wasn't great because it was easy but it was great because of what we learned about ourselves, each other, and the God that we serve. I think that my study through the book of Joshua was the perfect place to find myself over the past year. After Moses died, Joshua was assigned by God to lead the Israelites into the Promise Land. Just as the Israelites were met face to face with their trust in God, I found myself in a similar place over the past year. I found myself and my family in a place that I would never choose to be. It was a place of discomfort and I often found myself wondering whether God was even near. At times, he appeared distant and silent and there were moments when I wanted to step out of my own journey to the promise land and catch a direct flight home.
As 2013 has arrived, God's goodness has been all around. No, we have not reached our Promise Land yet but God has been revealing each step day by day. He is a trustworthy God, he does have a plan for us and sometimes he makes our circumstances of life a little uncomfortable so that he can come through in a way that makes us know without a doubt that it is him. I still am not sure the direction our life will take but I do know God will tell us at his appropriate time. I know that my marriage is stronger than ever and that my faith has been shaken and put back together so it is now stronger than ever. I am declaring 2013 as the year God will start to bring to fruition his promises from the past year and even years before that.
Joshua 21:43-45
So the Lord gave Israel all the land he had sworn to give their forefathers, and they took possession of it and settled there. The Lord gave them rest of every side, just as he had sworn to their forefathers. Not one of their enemies withstood them; the Lord handed all their enemies over to them. Not one of all the Lord's good promises to the house of Israel failed; every one was fulfilled.
No comments:
Post a Comment