Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Baby on the way!!!

Ok, so I know that I am now 16 weeks pregnant and it is sad that I am just now blogging about this baby...
I'll start from the beginning and try to make it short.

So, in October of 2011, I quit taking my birth control in hopes of getting pregnant shortly after.  With Layla, it took 2 months and I am not even sure we knew what we were doing the first month:). Because of insurance reasons, my pregnancy would not be covered until January of 2012.  Every month we tried without success and at this point I was not sure I was even ovulating.  My cycles were crazy, ranging anywhere from 40-60 days long.  Then in April, I went for my yearly exam and she told me to come back in August if I wasn't pregnant.  Also, in April, Lucas started traveling back to NY for work, being gone a week and a half to three weeks at a time.  In case, you are new, it takes two people to complete this task, so this was an extra kink in our attempt to conceive a baby.  As you can imagine for a momma who was beyond ready for the a second child, I was keeping the faith, but frustration was definitely beginning to build.  On August 1st, I went to the doctor and she told me to come back the next time I was on my period and the testing would begin.  She talked about different things it could be and talked about the first steps of fertility intervention.  After a break down to my husband and sister (thanks for listening),  we pretty much decided at that time that fertility treatments were not for us.  We would keep trying as long as the blood test showed that thyroid,hormones and everything else was normal.

Well, guess what? I never started my period!  Wouldn't you know this is how our God works??  Pretty sure I was pregnant at that August 1st appointment and didn't know it! I was shocked and so thankful for that positive pregnancy test!

So that is where our journey starts with this new little one.  Due April 22nd.  Yes, we will find out what it is.  Lucas says boy.

This pregnancy overall has been much different than with Layla.  I still had about 5 weeks of throw up and yuckiness.  With Layla at this point I had lost 12 pounds and this one, only 2!  Food cravings include anything fresh, mainly salads.  Ligament pain has been worse, I think that is the norm for #2.  Also another norm for #2, is feeling the baby move earlier, it was first during the 14th week.  I still have a lot of food aversions but for the most part, I am functioning normally with a little nausea here and there.

Layla is beginning to understand a few things about being a big sister.  She knows if she is having brother, that means boy and a sister means girl.  She changes her mind moment to moment on which she wants.  She does asks things like "Can the baby talk yet?".  She got to join us for an ultrasound at 12 weeks and thought it was very neat to here to heart beat.  At one point, she climbed out of her daddy's lap and came over and held my hand while I laid there.  Cue tears now!

Here a couple of pics.  I will try to be more consistent with the updates, mainly for myself, but you can follow along if you'd like:). Yay for babies! Sorry pics are out of order...

11 Weeks

14 Weeks

Positive Pee test.  Doesn't everyone take a pic of this??
Our little Gumby Bear at 8 weeks.  Hearing and seeing that heartbeat for the first time is a miracle.  HR was 159, it was 168 with Layla, if I remember correctly.

Next belly pic, I think you are going to see a noticeably bigger bump.  Stay Tuned!

1 comment: