I have been avoiding this area like the plague. When I come, it just makes me feel so far behind on everything that I have failed to record. So let me just tell you the trend in my life right now: SIMPLIFY!
Lucas left Sunday, a week ago, and will be gone for 2.5 weeks. So this puts me about one week in. After this week I have realized one thing. I have got too much on my plate! Lucas and I are a really good team when it comes to this whole parenting thing and with us entering another season of life with him going back and forth to NYC, I am realizing that I cannot keep up everything that him and I make work together.
So, I am letting some things go. I have taken a step back to reevaluate my priorities. It means sacrifice in some things that I enjoy but it means securing the most important things on the top of the list. Jesus, unchallenged time with my husband and daughter, and time to invest in my friendships are the areas in which I want to be my best.
So, excuse me in my absence. I will be back soon to catch up on life. I really do enjoy this spot. It is often a place to get things off my mind and I hope for it to be that again very soon. Life doesn't stop, even when we feel like we need a break and I hope to get back to remembering it here.
No comments:
Post a Comment