Saturday, July 16, 2011

Road Trip!

A 2 day road trip turned into a 6 day road trip!  

Layla and I decided to leave Friday and head to Murfreesboro for a couple of nights.  My sweet sister n law Abbey had a big role in the play "Hairspray" so we wanted to see her perform.  Here is how our 6 days played out....
Layla and Granddaddy and the baby he bought her.  
As soon as we drove into Murfreesboro, we had a quick dinner with my parents at Cracker Barrel.  This was the only time that we saw them during the weekend since we stayed with Lucas's family.  Layla was so excited to see them and ran to greet both of them.  I also have to say on our 3+ hour road trip Layla stayed dry in her panties the whole time!  We stopped once half way but that was it!

"Penny" and I
Abbey was AWESOME in her play.  The character was perfect for her and she was a lot of fun to watch!  

Pool time for the cousins!

Boy OR Girl??
After a relaxing day playing with her cousin, Layla and I attended a party for one of our best friends to find out the sex of their baby.  I was absolutely convinced that it was a girl, but to my surprise, when they cut the cake it was BLUE.  Congrats Jake and Amanda on baby Roland.  We look forward to meeting him.  Love you guys!

Worn out.  Had to take a pic when I saw the book between her legs!
 When in TN,  we share a room with Layla.  I love getting sneak peaks of her sleeping because I rarely do this at home.  I also love listening to her talk in the mornings to all her babies when she doesn't know that I am in the room with her:)

Not a great pic but SURPRISE, we are going to Baton Rouge!
 So Sunday after church, Layla and I packed up with Papa, Granna, Aunt Abbey, Aunt Ashly, and Abram and headed to Baton Rouge!  They had plan on making the trip but we had not for a couple of reasons.  Lucas could not get away from work and I thought I was going to be teaching spin class on Tuesday.  When I found out I would not be teaching this week, Layla and I just decided to make the trip with them!  We were going because PawPaw Ronnie had a surprise 70th Birthday Party.  Unfortunately, my pics are not that great because all I had was my iphone.  We did get a few good ones on Ashly's camera with Layla and the grandparents that I hope to get soon.
Cousins in the 3rd row of the Denali.

 We drove my car to Birmingham and left it in a parking garage and then we all piled in the Denali.  The trip total was a little over 9 hours and I was very anxious about how Layla would do.  I must say it was a miracle because Layla and Abram both did GREAT!  We had our ipads, iphones, and dvds to keep them occupied.  We actually made it the whole trip without ANY meltdowns!

Loving on the HUGE Minnie Mouse at Uncle Marty and Aunt Terri's house.
 We arrived in Baton Rouge about 12 am Monday morning and the kids were so excited to see all the toys.  Fortunately, we got them all  back to sleep pretty quickly and everyone got some rest.

No words needed to describe Layla's face when she saw this inflatable.  
PawPaw's birthday party was at Uncle Troy & Aunt Amie's house.  They rented this huge inflatable for the kids and it was a huge hit! Even though it was sweltering hot, we all braved the heat so the kids could jump, jump, jump.  

Layla loved it so much, when  we pulled in the driveway the next day, her eyes got huge and she said "Minnie Mouse!". Unfortunately, they had already come to pick it up:(

Love Papa.

Layla loves her cousins: Ava (almost 5) & Sadie (3)

SOOOO Sleepy!
We were at Troy & Amie's until about 11pm and Layla was so exhausted she finally fell asleep in my arms.  She hasn't done this in so long.  I enjoyed every second of it!

Paddle boat with Granna and Papa



The next morning we got to spend some time relaxing at Marty & Terri's house.  Papa & Granna entertained the kids outside for awhile.

Granna showing Layla Troy's police car


Cousins Ava & Layla
These couple of pics are from the second day at Troy & Amie's.  Layla thought she was so big playing with Ava.  I love the expression on her face here.  The kids got a lot of playing in while the adults ate boiled crab legs.  Yummy!  
Nap in the car on the 9+ hour trip home Wednesday. 
 We left Baton Rouge about 8am central time and got back to Atlanta about 8pm eastern time.  It was a very long day but this kids were excellent in the car.  Abbey almost got arrested by a security guard at a rest stop but other than that it was pretty much drama free:) 

I was so glad we got to make the last minute trip.  Pawpaw was so excited and I got to meet some of Lucas's family that I had not yet met.  We got to just sit around and listen to them reminisce about their childhood.  It was definitely a precious time with the family and we were so thankful to be spectators.


Just had to add this last pic.  I took it over my shoulder in the car yesterday.  Obviously she was trying to count something on her fingers.  I just couldn't resist a shot with the sunglasses on her head like a big girl:)

No comments:

Post a Comment