Hope Everyone had a great 4th of the July. We spent ours in Atlanta and it was good to be home and not traveling. It did rain the night of the 4th here so we did not venture out to catch any fireworks. I think after a busy weekend Layla was happy to be in her bed on time anyway. Being in the Eastern time zone, the fireworks did not begin until 9:30pm.
Layla kicked off her holiday weekend by spending most of Friday with her Aunt Natalie. I had to get CPR certified again so Natalie took Layla to the pool and then they had lunch. After lunch they went home for a long nap and I was able to get a pedicure after my class:)
| Her idea of an outfit |
| Shopping in the bathroom with monkey |
| An everyday around the house outfit for Layla. She prefers to be naked. Hopefully it's a stage:) |
![]() |
| Napping |
| Doing some painting. She has good technique. |
![]() |
| Photoshoot. Blinded by the flash. |
![]() |
| Look at these long curls!! |
![]() |
| Wearing my race number...almost all day. |
![]() |
| Our other favorite place: Jason's Deli. We are suckers for the soft serve. She is sharing her juice with baby here. |
![]() |
| Going to get smoothies with Bobby & Sydney after Music Class last week. |
Layla started Vacation Bible School on Tuesday, which worked out nice since Music Class was off this week. She is going to a church up the road that we visited a couple of times called All Souls. They are hosting a VBS just for 2-3 year olds. So from 9-11am Tues- Fri, Layla has and will be there. Of course, there are a few tears when I drop her off but she is always all smiles when I pick her up. I must say I can get SO MUCH accomplished in 2 hours without my shadow. Yesterday, I grocery shopped. Today I got the downstairs sparkling clean, and tomorrow I plan on doing the same to the upstairs. I thought this would be a good preview of what it would be like taking her to a Mom's Day Out program. It just confirmed what I already knew. I do like getting things accomplished a little faster, but I prefer my day to day routine that involves Layla in all of it. In no time, she will be spending all her time away and we have some much fun together. My house can always be sparkling clean in a few years:) Today, they talked about the Good Samaritan and she got her first "tattoo". She couldn't wait to show me when I picked her up.
Other things Layla is up too in her 2 year & 1 month:
Size 7 shoes (whoa!)
She is obsessed with mine and her toenails being painted.
We listen to the song "God is Love" on repeat in the car and she can sing EVERY word.
As of 2 days ago she is "grounded" from the tv and ipad. I got tired of the fight when I asked her to turn it off while we ate. So we are just not watching anything. And honestly, I think everyone is happier.
She can count to 15.
Now tells me when she has to go potty instead of me prompting her. She has actually started a little dance because she is trying to hold it and doesn't want to stop and go.
She is obsessed with trains. We live right along the train tracks and MARTA track so she is always on the lookout. And when she sees one, she wants her window rolled down.
She does have her moments when she acts her age, but all in all she is a good kid with a lot of love to give:)








No comments:
Post a Comment