Thursday, February 10, 2011

Montana Trip

It was SO COLD that:
1. When we sat in the hottub our drinks froze and icicles formed on our hair.
2. When you would walk outside the snot on the inside of your nose would freeze!

We had a great get away to Montana. I had no more ski school post because I never skied anymore! We were signed up to go the next day and Lucas and Chris met us at school and told us how cold it was. That was all it took for me and back to the cabin I went! It is funny how your priorities of a vacation change when you have a toddler. I was way more interested in lounging around reading a book all day than I was working hard on the slopes in the freezing cold. So that is pretty much what I did! I read two books while I was there: Nicholas Spark's new one Safe Haven (YES I LOVE N. Sparks:) and then I also read ROOM. I also enjoyed our meals out at night just sitting and talking without having to entertain an almost two year old. BUT at the end of the day, I really missed my little girl. I just kept reminding myself to relax! It was great "adult" time and I will definitely do it again but maybe somewhere warmer!

I have to say that my morning at the spa was awesome!! I could have spent everyday there but the bank account would have not been happy:)

After we landed in Atlanta Friday night, we drove straight to Chattanooga to pick up Layla! I COULD NOT WAIT! Funny thing was when we got there, she really did not want much to do with Lucas or I. She wanted Granna. I thought it was sweet because she never gets quality time with them and I knew in an hour she would go back to being my shadow and sure enough she has. I am so thankful for grandparents that take such good care of Layla. It definitely made our time away easier!

Here are a few pics!

Our drive to Big Sky from the airport


Before dinner.. Natalie had a little altitude sickness :(


We took a snow cat up the mountain to dinner! So FUN!


Hard to see because it was dark but this is what we ate dinner in. It is called a Yurt. The kind of tents Mongolians build. It was so neat and the food was excellent!


My man and I at dinner


Snow coming in over the mountains! I was watching from the hottub! Beautiful!


Breathtaking


Trying to show how deep the snow was....

1 comment: