Thursday, September 9, 2010

Tantrums & Teething!

Other than being a short week, this week hasn't been much other than our ordinary schedule. We have had some beautiful weather so being outside has been a priority. Layla has been unusually fussy this week. She is trying to cut at least 2 teeth that I know of, one of them being a molar on her bottom right side. I am probably too conservative with the tylenol at times like this but the last couple of days I tried to be better. Teething for Layla means snot and coughing and we have had lots of that this week. There has also been a lot of tantrums. Where do kids learn how to do this?? She has begun to throw her self on the ground every time we tell her no! Even in the shopping cart at Target yesterday she reared her head back. Then she was really screaming because she hit it on the metal part of the cart. The only thing I know to do in these circumstances is to completely ignore them. Of course, the people in public think I am crazy when my kid is on the ground screaming and I won't even make eye contact with her. I have noticed that it is a lot less dramatic fit when no attention is given. I am sure this is just a stage and this too shall pass, right? After the teething pain and excessive tiredness from throwing herself down :), Layla has been extra cuddly. Lucas and I both have been soaking up these sweet moments. Here are a couple of pics from the week. Layla's hair has been really curly this week so there is a pic of it and I caught a pic of her after she fell asleep while dancing with daddy. Can't remember the last time she has fallen asleep on one of us, or when she will do it again.

We are off to the park to enjoy another beautiful afternoon! Hope everyone is having a great week!



1 comment:

  1. She is so sweet! I just love the age she's at...even though it comes with challenges. You guys are doing such a great job! Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks! Love to you three!

    ReplyDelete