Saturday, July 10, 2010

You know you are in Atlanta when...

You are walking through the neighborhood and a funeral procession comes by with the hurst bumping to some gospel music. ...or wait was that back in Memphis??

So yes, as I type this I am in Atlanta but not in our house yet...Let me back up to share a couple details.

As I had previously posted we got a contract on our house in Memphis. It was only listed for about 4 weeks when we got a contract which was confirmation that God was on our side, especially during this day in time. So the next step was where were we gonna go? My brother n law is a homebuilder in East Atlanta. The very first house that he restored in the Kirkwood area of Atlanta , that him and Natalie lived in for a couple years is still under his ownership. He was renting it to a woman whom he had been going back and forth about kicking out because she was not paying rent. Lucas had been in Murfreesboro visiting for about a week, and when we were on the way back to the airport, he said " we need to pray specifically about the Warren St. house, that the tenant would be gone and that Chris would rent the house to us for a price that we can afford". (What Chris was renting it for was WAY out of our price range) So, a couple of days later I was in the car driving to Memphis to pack up our house and I got a call from Chris offering us the house for a price that we could afford! It was an answered prayer and was neat to see as we were closing one door of our life, God was leading us through the next.

While we were in Memphis packing the house, I was able to meet the lady who had puchased it. She said that 6 months before they had made a couple of offers on other houses, all of which fell through at the last minute for crazy reasons. She said that she hadn't officially started looking yet, but noticed our house when she was driving through the neighborhood. She called her realtor, who was surprised that she was looking at houses again, but agreed to show her the house. She said to me that when she walked in our house she just felt such a peace there. It was funny because she said that she didn't want me to think that she was nosing through our stuff, but she noticed books I had been reading and they were some of the same studies that she had done. She said that she was so excited about the thought of being in a house that "good things" had been happening. She said that our house was an answer to many prayers of their family. I had to fight back tears when I told her what a blessing it was to us as well. God really does work in crazy ways. We should really talk about Him more because He is involved in a lot more that we give him credit for.

We packed up our life in Memphis, and the house closed on time without any issues. And not only did we get a perfect house in Atlanta, but the house is freshly painted inside and out and the hardwood floors are all being refinished. Not only does God give us what we ask but goes above and beyond that. We will be moving into what will seem like a brand new house! I even got to pick the paint colors that went inside :) Now we are just waiting for the floors to be finished so we can start moving in. That should happen the early part of this next week. Lucas is currently still working in NYC. Everything there is going great. The day is getting closer to when the business will be moved to Atlanta. We are all looking forward to that day but we still have a perfect peace about this time we are spending apart.

Now to mention the most important part of our life: LAYLA!!
Layla is no longer a baby but a toddler. She is now a whole 13 months old! She makes me laugh so hard everyday. She is walking very well. Although she did fall pretty hard and bust open her whole top lip. She recovered very quickly. Amazing how resilient their little bodies are! Her top 4 teeth are finally making an appearance. She is very late getting these teeth! She has only had the bottom two up to this point. She can communicate very well. She will say yes or no when I ask her questions and she signs "more" and "all done". I have been meaning to teach her more sign language but haven't yet. She still LOVES music and has great rhythm., which def came from her daddy! She is now taking 1 and a 1/2 naps a day. Usually about a 3 hour mid day and then an hour before dinner time. I know the day is coming when she will be taking only one. Nighttime sleep is still 12 1/2-13 hours. The move from central time to eastern time has been weird. It stays daylight till 9pm! Layla has also discovered her really high screaming voice in the last couple of days. It has made me laugh a lot watching her hold her mouth a certain way in order to make that tone come out. I could go on and on about different things she does but will spare you all that because no one cares as much as I do :)

Hope this post finds all of you well. Please continue to pray for our family. We are just taking on step at a time! We will finally have a consistent internet connection on Friday in our new house. I have a lot of pics to catch up on from the last couple of months so stay tuned!

xoxoxo LK

No comments:

Post a Comment