Lucas flew back to NYC very early this morning after his long weekend visit. It was great to have him home but I don't think that we stopped all weekend. We got everything moved in the house and mostly unpacked. Wish we would have not spent his whole time at home working but that is just the way it had to be. Good thing is that we live about 12 minutes from the Atlanta airport so there is not much time wasted traveling back and forth. We went to Ikea one day to find Lucas some office furniture. I had experienced Ikea before but Lucas had never been. What an adventure for sure. We found something that works perfectly and made our trip productive. Other than just a few details we are settled in. It is amazing how fast a house can become a home!
Layla did something over the weekend that she had yet to do. She is now giving kisses on the lips (to only her dad and I of course!). We were going through the bedtime routine and telling daddy night night and giving him a kiss, when Layla opened her mouth and stuck her lips around his. We were both shocked and it made Lucas's heart melt that he got the "first kiss". Layla's new word of the weekend has been "baby". She has become even more obsessed with her baby dolls and waving to all the babies that we see in public. I think it is funny because she is still a baby too, right?
We had a great weekend and Lucas has already booked his flight back for the last weekend in July. I love him being home but it seems like a vacation every time, so I get way off my routine. So today we are catching up and getting back on track. Hope you all have a great Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment