Monday, June 14, 2010

Walking in Memphis

Layla is finally WALKING!! But in Murfreesboro, not Memphis :) She actually took a couple stepps on her first birthday and then a few days later took about 4 steps. Then last Saturday when she was playing with her cousins (Reese 6, Gavin 2.5) she started taking about 8-10 steps. I didn't want to say anything because Lucas was in NYC and I wanted him to be surprised when he returned home. Layla is now walking from room to room and will intentionally drop a toy, bend down to pick it up and keep walking. It is so weird to see her walking!! Layla has also started doing a couple of animal noises...She can moo like a cow and bark like a dog :)

Last week was also a pretty miserable week for Layla. She started all of the teething symptoms again (runny nose, cough, and drool drool drool). I was pretty much giving her Motrin every four hours during the day. This week has been much better and the mortin is no longer needed. Her gums are swollen all the way across the top and I actually think she is trying to cut all four of her top teeth at the same time. I guess we will know soon enough!

Lucas got home at noon on Saturday and Layla saw him coming up the terminal at the airport and recognized and reached for him immediately. It was SO sweet. They were so happy to see each other. He brought her a stuffed monkey. She loves it and it is very fitting since we are always calling her monkey. We are enjoying our time together while he is home! He even took initiative to change a dirty diaper! Our week filled up very quickly but we have reserved Tuesday night for just the 2 of us. We are leaving Layla for the first time over night and heading up to Tim's Ford lake to spend the night at a lakehouse. Looking forward to some "adult" time! His work in NYC is going very well! Keep praying that God would open up doors for more work so that we can be back together as a family ASAP! Although it is hard to be apart, I know this is a necessary time and Lucas is learning so much about his work. We are still waiting on our home to sell in Memphis. We have had some interest and just believing that it will sell by the end of the summer.

I haven't been doing much while Murfreesboro. It has been nice staying at my parents since laundry and house keeping is pretty much taken care of :) I have been running, trying to train for the Middle Tennessee Half Marathon that happens in October. I was having issues with my knee a few months ago, but it had not been hurting me while running until our long run last Saturday. I got a brace today and just praying that it will help with the problem and I don't have to see a doctor! Running is addicting and I hope that I can continue with minimal pain.

God is good and blessing us in more ways than we deserve!

No comments:

Post a Comment