After Layla's first birthday it is like a switch was flipped! All of a sudden she is a big girl! She has started talking alot and using her sign language. And without a doubt she is understanding a lot of what I am saying. I love watching her take everything in and then respond. She is also loving the pool. I put her in the float and she gathers all the balls that we have in the pool and just entertains herself! With her first birthday she also became a picky eater. She LOVES yogurt and would live off that with fruit if I would allow it. She pretty much refuses any green vegetable and if I start her meal with bread she will not try anything else. She is still napping twice a day, usually about 2 hours each nap. She has been sleeping a whole lot lately. I think that she is getting ready to finally cut her top two teeth because we have started the excessive drooling and clear runny nose again. She is having a time adjusting to the nursery at our church here. She did so good in Memphis but this is a new atmosphere and it has thrown her for a loop. Atleast here she has Granna or Aunt Abbey to occasionally come to her rescue! I am looking forward to a fun summer with her. She is at such a great age!
New "words" she is saying:
Hey
Thank you
Hey Lilly (the dog)
Kitty
Nite Nite
Bye Bye
Yes
Of course none of these words are as clear as you or I would say them, but she is repeating me and using them in the correct context.
Of course
No comments:
Post a Comment